The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services funds non-profit organizations that provide interpreting and intervenor services to help people who are Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing, or deafblind.

Interpreting services help people who are Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing and deafblind. To learn more about interpreting services, please contact the Canadian Hearing Society.

Intervenor services help people who have a combined loss of both hearing and vision. People are either born deafblind or acquire the loss of hearing and/or vision later in life. Find out more about the services available and how to apply by contacting Sensity - Deafblind and Support Network of Canada.

These services help people access and fully engage in everyday activities, including:

  • medical, mental health, and social services;
  • employment and educational opportunities;
  • participation in their communities; and
  • legal and government services.