If you and your family are leaving the Ontario Disability Support Program for paid work, you may be able to get a $500 Employment Transition Benefit. This benefit can help you move from Income Support to employment. You can use this money any way you like.

Paid work can be a full-time or part-time job, a paid training program or running your own business.

This benefit is available once in a 12-month period. Only $500 per family will be given, regardless of how many family members are working.

How do I get this benefit?

Contact your local Ontario Disability Support Program office. Your worker will determine whether you are eligible for the Employment Transition Benefit. We will add the benefit to your last monthly Income Support payment if you are eligible.

Learn more