Has anything changed lately?

If you are receiving Ontario Works you need to tell us about any changes to your situation. For example, changes to:

  • family size
  • income
  • assets
  • housing costs

You need to let us know of any changes as soon as possible. We want to make sure that the money you receive each month is the right amount. If you don't report your changes, you may not receive the right amount of financial assistance in the following month. This might mean you get more or less than you should have. It is important to remember that you will have to pay back any money that you weren't supposed to receive.

How to report changes

Changes to your personal circumstances can be entered on the Changes Report form, which is now included in the monthly mailout.

You can also report changes to your caseworker in person or by phone.

Learn more

For more information, please contact your local Ontario Works office.

Learn More: