If you are receiving Ontario Works, you may be able to receive other benefits.

Transition Child Benefit

If you have children under the age of 18, you may be eligible to receive the Transition Child Benefit if:

  • you are not receiving the Ontario Child Benefit
  • you are receiving less than the maximum amount of the Ontario Child Benefit for any of your children, or
  • you are waiting for your monthly Ontario Child Benefit payment to start.

The amount you get depends on how much money you get from the Ontario Child Benefit and the National Child Benefit Supplement (federal supplement to the Canada Child Tax Benefit).

Guide Dog Benefit

If you own a certified guide dog, you may receive money to help you pay for the dog's care.

How to get these and other Ontario Works benefits

For more information and to find out what is available to you, please contact your local Ontario Works office.

Learn more